Change of light fittings saves over £11k a year
Sealant manufacturer Everbuild Building Products Ltd were spending unnecessary money on electricity with old fittings that didn’t light their manufacturing and storage area particularly well.
When AES reviewed the area, they found old 400w metal halide light fittings in use 16 hours a day with an average light level of just 100 lux. AES replaced the metal halide fittings with 4 x 54w T5 light fittings which have an integral presence sensor. It was not necessary to modify the existing wiring.
As a result, the new lights are only used when they are needed, the average light level has increased to 200 lux, and Everbuild are saving £11,188 (60%) per annum on their running costs. The entire project produced a return on investment within just 32 months.
Everbuild Building Products Ltd is the UK & Ireland’s largest independent manufacturer of sealants, adhesives, fillers and building chemicals.
To improve lighting levels and reduce electricity consumption in a manufacturing and storage area. All work was tested and certified to BS7671.
“We are so pleased with the savings AES have made for us, we have asked them back to review and replace the rest of our lighting between now and 2015. We know we will get a better working environment and a substantial return on investment, so it is definitely worth it.”
Paul Wood – Everbuild
- CompEx Certification to the rescue for Everbuild
- AES steps in for Harrison Spinks
- New Lighting System for KTS Wire
- Thoughtful design creates safe, comfortable environment
- D.E.T Machine Upgrades
- AES fix it for Chemfix
- Voltage optimisation – Call centre installation
- New electrical supply allows for 50% additional growth
- Braking time was successfully reduced from over 4 minutes to 12 seconds
- Change of light fittings saves over £11k a year